300M automatic left outside mirror

The automatic left side mirror on my 2004 300M seems to have a mind of it's own. It will be fine for several days, then it seems to lose the sideways setting, usually turning in too much. This occurs when I start off. Since I'm not fond of it's downward tilt action even when it is working, I'd be happier if it wasn't automatic. IMO Chrysler got their sides mixed up, it's the right side mirror that should tilt down when backing up.

Is there an easy way to disable this unwanted automatic side mirror action?

Reply to
Josh S

I'm pretty sure that on our '02 300M it's an option accessed through the Information Center above the windshield.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Reply to
man of machines

Reply to
Josh S

Just a follow up to say I solved my left mirror dipping on backup and also it's erratic action, by turning off that auto function. My overhead console doesn't have the function to control several functions, including the mirror, but the owners manual described a procedure to turn off that function.

S> Many thx Man & Perce, I didn't notice the option to disable the reverse > drop.

Reply to
Josh S