300m Loud transmition noise

When I have the drivers window down I can hear the transmition when changing from reverse, drive, park, ect. Normal?

Reply to
Steve

Yes

Reply to
Art

Yes - it's solenoids being duty cycled (pulsed) rather than suddenly being hit with full voltage and slamming into gear.

Bill Putney

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info. I only have a Sunfire to compare it too, and that car makes no noise at all when changing the gears. I guess I am a little freakish about what other problems I could be having with the car. :(

Steve

Reply to
Steve