300M Tires

So my 2002 300M is going to need new tires after the summer. Any recommendations? The Michelin MXV Plus are on it now. I use the vehicle for pleasure. No really hard driving. Thanks sharkman

Reply to
sharkman

Depending on your wheel size you may be quite limited. My 99 came with Goodyears that had to be replaced twice for vibrations so I would not recommend those. I switched to the tire you are now replacing.

Reply to
Art

The new to market Mich Hydroedge and the Goodyear copy are good tires to consider, especially if long wear and wet and snow are conditions you must deal with.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

I highly agree with Richard regarding the Michelin Hydroedge. I have had them for about 6 months and am very pleased with their performance.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur Alspector

I'm Real happy with the Continentals I put on my '99 to replace the worthless OEM Goodyears.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess

If you don't want to pay that much money and still get a very good tire (extremely quiet, good hydroplane resistance, and very good treadwear -

620/70k miles and from my over 25k miles experience so far they will live up to that), consider the Cooper Touring SLE T-rated. I had reported here a few months ago that I was disappointed that one had gone out of round - tire dealer replaced it at no cost, but it happened again, and it turned out that it was a simple matter of rebalancing - I suspect that I may have thrown a weight or two, as the last/first 3/4 mile of my daily commute is down a pot-holed gravel road.

I've been so happy with them that between my daughter's and my wife's cars, I bought 6 more Toruing SLE's last month. Made my wife's Buick Century even more quiet than it already was, which I didn't think was possible - she even made an unsolicited comment to me about it after her first day of driving with them.

Bill Putney

Do you have 17" or 16" rims?

(or 18" - ?)

The hydro-edge is the best-ranked "All Season" tire according to the charts at tirerack.com:

"The HydroEdge radial is Michelin's premium Passenger All-Season tire designed to meet the needs of the drivers of family coupes, sedans and minivans. It was developed to be a very versatile tire by combining long wear with hydroplaning resistance and year-round traction, even in light snow."

Continental's tires don't seem to be in the "all season" catagory - instead they are found in the "Grand Touring All Season" catagory - along with the Michelin Energy MXV4 / and Plus. Both have a heck of a lot of survey miles reported (22 and 10 million respectively - among the most of all tires in that catagory). Both the Michelin and Continental rank near the bottom of that catagory when compared to the top tire - Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z. The best Continental in this catagory seems to be the ContiPremierContact.

I have Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical on my 300M (Ultra High Performance All Season) and use them as summer-only tires (have separate rims for snow tires). I would have bought Firestone Firehawk SZ50's but they don't make them for 225/55/17 rims.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Thanks for the info... I'll check them all out...

Reply to
sharkman