300m Traction & ABS goes out

A few times while it was raining the ABS & Traction lights have come on. They have always gone back to normal usually within a few hours.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

Reply to
Steve

They go on momentarily when ABS or traction control is in use. If on intermittently whenever it rains it means you are driving too fast for road conditions and braking too hard and forcing the car to compensate. If stuck on in wet weather it means there is something wrong with the system.

Reply to
Art

They stay on for about 30min - 1 hour, even when I restart the car.

Reply to
Steve

If stay on constantly even when standing still they need to be checked. Probably one of the sensors in the wheels is bad. I used to have that with a Taurus. Every time I washed the car a sensor for antilock needed to be replaced. Never happened with my 2 chryslers.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic