4L V6 and 6 speed auto trans question ???

They are offering a 4 liter V6 mated with a 6 speed auto on the

2008 Town & Country (and Dodge Caravan). I understand the new unlimited power train warranty applies, but would like to know if this combination has been used in the past, and if so how is the reliability? Is it a new engine/tranny combo or have they used it on some other model? I keep my cars for at least 10 years, so I'd like to know if there have been reliability issues over time on this. Just don't want the hassles of having breakdowns. Thanks
Reply to
QX

It's on the 2007 Pacifica (base awd and Touring and Limited). As this is the first year, I doubt there's much reliability data in yet on it. The engine itself is also on the 2007 Nitro R/T (but in a rwd/

4wd configuration, with a5-sp transmission).
Reply to
Lloyd

I'd trust the engine implicitly, though, because its based on the 3.5L engine architecture. Very solid engine with a GREAT history behind it. The 4.0 is just a slight enlargement to boost low-RPM torque over the

3.5 for better performance in big vehicles like the minivans and Pacifica, the horsepower rating is basically unchanged vs the 3.5 HO.
Reply to
Steve