600 Horsepower Viper Now Out

To see the link go to

on Classic and Collector CarsBill

Reply to
oldcorvettes

Or you could go to

and see an 800 HP 2.0L Turbo. If that's not enough there are two that I know of that crank out over 1000 HP. Search YouTube for 4G63 and look for Shep and Rau.

By contrast a Cosworth Formula One 3.0L V10 engine produces 935 HP at

18,000 RPM. It costs $125,000 and is only good for 750 miles.
Reply to
Gyzmologist

Correction, that is:

Gyzmologist

Uh-huh. So you compare 8.4 L and turbocharging, with 3.0 L and normally aspirated. Yeah, right. And a Civic is faster to 60 than a Freighliner too.

Reply to
Lloyd

Reply to
Gyzmologist

Gyzmologist wrote in news:fts%i.22$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.phx:

600HP is 600HP. I certainly wouldn't mind having it.

But they didn't.

No need for apologies.

Reply to
Joe

8.4L is around 512 cubic inches. 600 horses out of 512 cubic inches in a factory engine, while not groundbreaking, is still pretty dang good.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Bugatti Veyron. 1001 HP (16-litre engine).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

And can outrun anything EXCEPT its own case of the uglies. That is one SERIOUSLY hideous work of styling.

FWIW, the stock Viper engine is amazingly under-stressed, even at 600 horsepower. The aftermarket easily gets well over 1200 long-term reliable rear-wheel horses out of that big (although still smaller than the Veyron engine) V10.

Reply to
Steve