63 Valiant Headlight Bezel

Need one bad and I think it only fits the one year. Does anybody have one they could part with?

Reply to
Dan

Interchange is '63-'65 Valiant, '64-'65 Barracuda. They are generally NOT found in "good used" condition, because they are the corner protrusions on these cars, thereby receiving the brunt of parking lot and road rash. Same problem with '63-'64 Dart headlamp rings and '65 Dart "Candy Cane" mouldings.

I believe all these are available new. Check

, new, $110/ea. Don't argue; that's a third of what they went for as New Old Stock before they were reproduced!

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Try

In Canada

Dodgem!

Dan wrote:

Reply to
Dodgem440

Their catalogue format sucks; you have to do a LOT of clicking to get there. From the laysons.com homepage, click "Catalog", then over on the left select "Valiant", then "Mouldings and clips", then "Mouldings", then "Headlight bezels". They make 'em in lots of 50, and they wait til they have 50 orders before running a batch. $110/ea or $200/pr.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

How true. Finding good used is difficult. The soft metal that they were made from was easy to dent, bend and tear. I referred to them as "headlight trim rings" and people usually knew what I was talking about. I have seen these parts overlooked in otherwise good restorations because the owner is not willing to pay the cost to get new reproductions or nice used, even when the originals are missing or damaged.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson