Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 85 turbo - idle going crazy
- mark french
July 11, 2003, 2:34 am
rate this thread
swapping in a new throttle position sensor as this worked on another one of
these cars I had once, no change. Also when car is doing this when first cold,
the speedometer starts reading off random numbers (??) but this seems to go
away shortly. Am not getting any power loss light nor any stored codes. It
definitely seems to be the computer telling the idle motor to increase
erratically - if I unplug the idle motor, idle stays steady forever until I
plug it back in, in fact I'm driving it like this now. It seems to vary
between normal and various overspeeding, it is not making it go too low (not
stalling). Any suggestion on what to check or change next? Could it be either
of the sensors in the distributor? I changed the rotor but thats it.
AFter changing the distributor pickup I think the problem turned out
Re: 85 turbo - idle going crazy
to be some crud in the throttle body plate and/or orifices. I had
scrubbed it while back but apparently some more must have built up.
Idle must have been simply adjusting to fact the crud was built up in
that area. Cleaned it and idle is steady as a rock now....Frenchy
- » Problems with 1998 Grand Voyager Check Engine Light - The saga continues
- — Previous thread in » Chrysler Cars
- » Steering failure 300m (While on the subject of power-steering (fluid) for...
- — Newest thread in » Chrysler Cars
- » '02 300M: Change power steering and automatic transmission fluids -- diff...
- — Last Updated thread in » Chrysler Cars