87' Dodge Shadow..no fuel pump power

Hello, I have a aqquired a non-running 87' Shadow. Trying to diagnose the following problem: In tank fuel pump is not operating. Do not have electrical power at tank (plug-in connector), and when checking fuse panel...do not have power going to (fuel pump) fuse. The service manual I'm using doesn't seem to clearly show which (if any) relays or other connection points would be next in line to check. I am completely unfamiliar with Dodge products, and was hoping someone in the NG may be able to point me in the right direction....even if it's something obvious that I should be branded a "dolt" for not being able to figure out on my own.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
BScott97

I'm not an expert, but since no one else has replied, here's a suggestion.

If you go to the Fuse/Relay bank under the hood and remove the cover, you'll find the location for the ASD relay.

The ASD stands for "Automatic Shut Down" - it's a safety device to prevent the fuel pump from fueling a fire after an accident.

The "quick and dirty" test is to just swap another relay into its place and see if it solves the problem. (e.g. take the A/C relay and test it in the ASD slot)

I'd lay 85% odds that this will be your problem.

Good luck and please let us know what you find.

Have a great week.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Scott B. Hogle