88 Lebaron GTS 2.2L Turbo hissing noise

Hi gang, My 88 LeBaron GTS 2.2L makes a loud hissing noise (like a steam engine) when accelerating. I know air pressure from the turbo caused the noise. but how do I know which hose? the airbox to turbo hose or turbo to TB hose? Also, is the turbo by pass value suppose to be inside the airbox?

Thanks Kenny

Reply to
Ken

How could you possibly still have a GTS Turbo? My 86 LeBaron GTS Turbo died 10 years ago, the turbo siezed at 112,000 miles. Midway in it's life I asked the mechanic who replaced the head gasket at 50,000 miles what the life expectancy of the turbo was an he told me 75,000 so I felt pretty good that I got 112,000. You must have 250,000 miles on that thing, how many times have you replaced the turbocharger?

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Stupid question.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Hi, I have over 250K miles on my LeBaron (aka The Beater). It's my wife's car and she bought it in 1989 with 6000 miles on it. Still have the original turbo, original 3 speed Transmission, original Exhaust, doesn't leak any fluid at all.......However, I do need a new head gasket put in. That car was the most dependable car I have ever owned. Abnd it's great in snow.

I also have a 1998 Camry (120K miles) that car has more problems than the LeBaron... believe it or not.

Kenny

Reply to
Kenny