89 town and country pivot bolt stuck.

I need ideas on how to get the drivers control arm pivot bolt loose.I tried using the 1/2" impact wrench with a 3/8 metric socket with adapter to no avail. broken are the following :3 adapters, two extensions, one wratchet and a half a can of liquid wrench. I do have leverage- 4' of steel pipe. I am trying to replace the ball joint which fell out after pinch bolt was removed. As far as that, can I press the new one into the arm myself with a c type hand bench arbor press?. How is it aligned? Any and all help will be appreciated.Thanks

Reply to
devilmaycare

Well I did it , I rounded it a bit with a 12 point and it still didnt move. even tried beating on the clip. oh well. any ideeas please. Thanks.

Reply to
devilmaycare

A proper ball joint press negates the need for removal of the control arm.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

It will be done. I will try to get one at auto zone. thanks.

Reply to
devilmaycare