91 Dodge Caravan ignition switch replacement

.=2E.the ignition lock on my van has disintegrated. Basically, the sleeve that goes into the barrel came out with the key, and a lot of pins and springs fell out too. It had been loose for a while (and causing some electrical trouble too, I think) but now it's history. I've looked thru the FAQs and still am in the dark. The van is a LONG tow from a garage (rural Quebec). SOOO - I briefly (once) was able to get the assembly to turn with a flat-headed screwdriver but no longer. I can see a vaguely D-shaped hole at the bottom (where I stuck the screwdriver) but there is a (now-rounded) stub of metal in it that keeps me from getting a grip. My questions, then:

1) any way to get the stub out? The van's a beater and I would be happy to just use a screwdriver in future. 2) it looks like to disassemble the switch and lock, I must remove the shroud from the steering column, and to do THAT it looks like I must remove the steering wheel. Anybody know a diagram or instructions for doing this on the web? Thanks for any help - =D0=AA=D7 My email eddress is snipped-for-privacy@3web.net - remove shorts to get the REAL address.
Reply to
audaxrex