91 Gr Caravan 3.3 blower fan cuts out

I have a '91 Grand Caravan 3.3L (no air conditioning) and on hot days, I crank up the heater blower to get some more air circulation. When going uphill under load, the blower fan just stops ... very noticable as the cool air flow disappears immediately. As I get to the top of the hill and back off the pedal a bit, the fan resumes normally.

Any suggestions?

Rod Corkum

Reply to
Rod Corkum

Possible loss of vacuum causing the air to be rerouted to the defroster or heater vents?

Reply to
Bryan

Yes, and a vacuum leak might also have something to do with your hesitation problem. No telling how a computer controlled "closed loop" system will react if the motor is running in an "unknown" state. The computer could interpret sensor signals incorrecty and make inappropriate adjustments to the engine running parameters.

This would explain no codes being set too! The sensors are working just fine, but what they are reading was not planned for in the system design.

Perhaps you need a new >Possible loss of vacuum causing the air to be rerouted to the defroster or >heater vents?

Reply to
cloaked