93 3.3 DRB II Scan tool

Where can I get a DRB II scan tool for this engine ? I see much relating to the ODB scan tool but not much about the DRB II.

thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs

maxpower

DRB means "Diagnostic Readout Box", and was Chrysler's name for its own OBD ("Onboard Diagnostics") scan tool. The DRB II was the 2nd version of the DRB, and the DRB III was the 3rd version. All of the DRBs were made by OTC (Something Tool Company), who also sold their own scanner called the Monitor (Monitor 2000, Monitor 4000, etc.).

There are many scanners that will work with your '93. I use a Monitor

4000, which I bought on eBay. If I were going to do it again, I might get a Snap-On MT2500 instead.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
maxpower

Owatonna

Except that the OP asked about a "DRBII" and he's looking to use it on a 93 MY vehicle in which case the Snap-On or OTC 4000 will suffice just fine.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

OK, for all you guys (and gals) that have an extra $6000 burning a hole in your pocket, here's a link so you can buy your very own new DRB !! :-)

But seriously, for a 1993 (pre-OBD2) all you need is an OTC Monitor 4000E, a cartridge 1993 or newer, and if you are the unfortunate owner of an A-604 4 speed electronic transmission too, then you need the Chrysler A-604 Transmission & Chassis (CCD) Adapter to go with it. You can readily pick up the scanner and cartridge on Ebay for roughly $75 or less. The CCD adapter is a little harder to find on Ebay, but they appear occasionally for anywhere from $20-$50.

Reply to
SN

Reply to
maxpower

All that does is confuse the issue. Perhaps a new post would be more appropriate?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Maxpower's rather feeble in the brains department. The idea of a new thread for a new topic is probably rather beyond his grasp.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

Maybe you two should get together and have a good cry.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
maxpower

Which political argument was that Glen?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Those factory labor times are really cutting into your take-home pay, 'eh?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
maxpower

Yeah, we know.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Unless of course you want to bleed your ABS brakes in which case only a DRB will work.

I have a OTC Monitor 4000E with all the stuff mentioned above. Only problem is who was the bozo who decided the engine compartment was a good place for the engine diagnostic connector? Kind of makes road tests a bit impossible.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

maxpower