93 3.3 Grand Caravan

I posted before about an intermittent starting problem I'm having. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel rail (sprung a leak). Someone suggested I clean the relays, fuel pump and Auto Shut down. I've done that and still have the problem. At times, I turn the key and it cranks fine but doesn't start. I'll then turn the key off and try again and it starts. Can it be one of the relays is going bad or an ignition switch problem ? Any way to try and isolate the problem ?

thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Perhaps your starter gear is worn! Mine did that sometimes. Starter gear teeth were worn.

I posted before about an intermittent starting problem I'm having. I've had

Reply to
deadbeat

The engine turns over, the gear isn't free wheeling. It just doesn't want to ignite.

Reply to
ncs

I may have suggested the cleaning which I have also done to mine and still I am having the same problem.

Weird part is first th>I posted before about an intermittent starting problem I'm having. I've had

Reply to
Len

When you find out what's causing it, please post the answer. My problem happens in the morning and really there is no pattern relating it to the time of day. I think it's either a fuel problem or ignition. Wish I could isolate it some way. In my case the fuel pump is new, in fact, I had the problem before the fuel pump was replaced. I think it started after I replaced the fuel rail.

thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to