93 3.3 Grand Caravan

I know this problem is going to be difficult to diagnose but here goes. A little history: I've been having a problem with the car cranking and not starting and then would turn off the key, try again and it would start. Fuel pump, replaced, fuel rail replaced. Someone suggested it might be a relay going bad. I purchased two but have not installed them yet. This weekend I was driving about 60 mph and the car just died. I put it in neutral, turned the key off and then tried to start it. It started and everything was fine (did not do it again). Could this also be a result of one of the relays going bad or am I looking at a different problem ?

thanks for any advice,

Reply to
ncs

your problem with cranking and not starting may have a problem with the crank sensor and or camshaft sensor.

Earl

Reply to
Guess Who I Am

Ok, thanks for the response. I replaced the ASD and fuel pump relay. Problem is still there. If it were the crank or cam sensor, would it occur intermittently ? Meaning, if I turn the key completely off and start the car again, it will start. I noticed I have to turn the key to the off position before it will start. Just leaving it in the on position and then cranking it again does work. It acts as though something does not get activated or energized every time and resetting the ignition switch resolves it. No codes are set either.

Nick

Reply to
ncs