'93 Accliam Check Engine Light (code 35)

Hello,

I have a 1993 Plymouth Acclaim 3.0L V6 w/ Automatic transmission. This evening the check engine light came on. I obtained the error code by doing the self diagnosis where you rev the engine up, turn the ac on/off, Shift thru all the gears and then turn the Ingition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF and finally ON.

The Check engine light blinked 3 times, paused and blinked 5 more time (error code 35)

Error Code 35 = Radiator fan relay indicates open or shorted condition

Then blinked 5 times paused and blinked 5 more times (error code 55)

Error Code 55 = this is the end of Message code

Then after a long puase the check engine light blinked 10 times without a puase. Is this normal?

I am confused with the error reading of 35 because the radiator fan does come on. Can the Radiator fan relay be bad and still turn on?

Thanks for listening,

Paul

Reply to
grafgulch