93 Caravan 3.0L No spark

Drove my van home one night just fine, parked it, shut off and went inside. Next day, absolutely no fire whatsoever. Cranks fine, battery good, but no fire in the wires. Thought the coil suspect, so replaced, but no help. Seems lack of juice is coming prior to the coil. Please give me some insight as to what I need to be looking at before I start looking at the computer. I appreciate any and all thoughts. Thanks

Reply to
randall5230

First off, I would suggest checking for any codes using the key on/off method as described on allpar.com. It could be any of the following:

  1. Fuel pump relay not getting signal from magnetic pick up in distributor, so it's not turning on the fuel pump.

  1. Camshaft or crankshaft sensor not signaling correctly.

  2. Distributor rotor.

  1. Broken timing belt, or belt has slipped a tooth or two.

Again, I would suggest seeing if any codes are stored as a starting point. There is a complete section for trouble shooting the 3.0 on allpar.com.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson