93 Caravan 3.3L Fuel Rail Quick Connect Question

93 Caravan 3.3L fuel rail replaced due to leak in fuel rail O- ring, Supply Side Quick Connect Different on new fuel rail.

The original fuel rail hose disconnects had plastic rings to detach the hoses and two latching points in the connectors.

The fuel supply side on the new fuel rail has no plastic ring to detach the hose but has four internal latch points in the connector.

The lack of the plastic ring creates a gap between the fuel line and the connector and is what is concerning me about the robustness of the connection.

Is the supply side plastic ring missing on the new part or is this the way it is suppose to be? Is there a modification or additional part needed to mate to the old style fuel line?

Thanks for your help!

John

Reply to
John W.

Quick connects are designed for high speed assembly on the assembly line.

Most people in your situation use the time-honored clamp design with no problems.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

That's what I did with the new fuel filter on my 1999 Voyager. The quick connects blew off a couple of times, so I cut all plastic parts away with a utility knife and replaced everything with rubber hose and metal screw clamps.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds