93 Grand Caravan 3.3 shimmy

I've got a shimmy when I accelerate between 10-35 mph. At speeds higher than that or on the highway, it's gone and the car rides smooth. The tires look like they are wearing evenly, the front end is good, shocks, springs, tie rod ends and ball joints. Front end alignment is good and the tires are a year old.

The shimmy was there, but this weekend I switched the two front tires and now it appears to be more severe. I know that points to the tires and I'm having them checked tomorrow. I was reading the trouble shooting section in the Haynes manual and it states one cause of a shimmy, shake or vibration as: loose, worn or out-of-adjustment rear wheel bearings. I was wondering if anyone has had this type of problem and if it could be bad rear wheel bearings. That would seem to explain why there's a shimmy and the front end is good. But it could also be something I've overlooked.

Thanks for any advice you can offer, Nick

Reply to
ncs

A worn inner CV joint will cause a shimmy at certain speeds and under load (uphill or acceleration).

Reply to
David Allen

Reply to
jdoe