93 Grand Caravan 3.3 shimmy

I thought I'd update those that remember my previous problem with a front end shimmy between 20 and 40 mph. Tire guy said it wasn't tires, mechanic said it was tires. Got to Florida and had it checked out down there. It was the drivers side half axle, inner cv joint. Replaced that and it was a lot better, but can still feel a slight shimmy, so I'm thinking the passenger side needs to be replaced also. I'm back home (from vacation) and on the way home the fuel pump went out, had it replaced and they noticed tranny fluid trailing underneath the car. I think they needed to replace the trans seal when they replaced the half axle, but didn't and its blowing out of there. I'll have it looked at this week.

Thanks for all the advice, Nick

Reply to
ncs

jdoe

When they (dealer) replaced the fuel pump, they asked if I wanted the seal replaced. For $200, I said no, and they didn't mention anything about pulling the trans, they just said they would pull the axle and replace the seal. I called the trans place that rebuilt my trans last year and they didn't mention pulling the trans either. There's no slop in the axle.

thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
jdoe

thanks for the reply, are you saying you wouldn't replace the seal for $200 because it's too much or too little. Hope your answer is too much.

thanks again, Nick

Reply to
ncs