93 Intrepid AC evaporator removal-Question

Seems like these evaporators are a common failure (Second one in this car in 5 years)...But at 166K miles, this Intrepid has a lot of life left in it. SO...Began lower dash disassembly , read up on evap removal before I lost daylight. Seems the procedure calls for removal also of dash lid deck in front of winshield.. then removal of both the heater core housing, AC housing as one entire unit. Also disconnect of air bags systems.

Any tricks to simplify the removal?..I don't want to evacuate the system until I am really ready to get into this.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
DSkalish

You might want to check

forums. They have an excellent search feature and some how-to's. Not sure if they cover the evap. removal procedure or if there are any shortcuts.

Bill Putney

I don't have any hints on how to get to it, but... You said you don't want to evacuate the system until you are ready to get into it. It has been my experience that these like to fail suddenly and completely. If you system is just low make sure there aren't any other leaks present. I would hate for you to go to that much work only to find out it was an o-ring somewhere else causing the problem.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.