93 LeBaron driveability

I have a 1993 Chrysler LeBaron, 3.0, 4 spd auto...

While cruising - not accelerating or decelerating - just feathering throttle... engine skips and bucks and seems to misfire... seems ok when accel or decel. After a brief (5-10 seconds) wide-open throttle burst, the problem seems to clear up for awhile, but returns later.

Any ideas?

Fuel filter has been changed. Plugs have been changed Replaced cracked vacuum line near EGR

Reply to
Dave Archambault

Ignition wires?

Reply to
Bob Shuman

First things first, check for diagnostic flash codes.

To check the computer codes:

With the engine off, switch the ignition key on-off-on-off-on, leaving it "ON". Do not go to "start", just "on" during this procedure.

Watch the "Check Engine" or "Power Loss" light. It will turn on, then go off, then will begin to flash-out any trouble codes that have been stored. For instance, if it flashes:

flash flash flash

flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash

flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash

Then you have a 12 (one flash followed by two) a 35 (three and five) and a

55 (five and five). 55 means "end of codes" or, if by itself, "No codes stored. Check the codes and report what you find.
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
Dave Archambault

Try disconnecting the EGR valve vacuum line to see if that takes care of the problem. If it does, replace the EGR valve.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Try disconnecting the EGR valve vacuum line to see if that takes care of the problem. If it does, replace the EGR valve.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

OK. How long since the throttle body was cleaned and the *complete* crankcase ventillation system (PCV) was serviced? Not just the PCV valve, but also the filters changed, (there are several), the lines checked and cleaned, etc? How long since the basic tune-up stuff was done? (Cap, rotor, ignition wires, spark plugs)? When was the O2 sensor last replaced, and what brand was used?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I will do all of the things listed... plugs changed about 6 mo ago. I'll let you know... THANKS

Reply to
Dave Archambault

How is the idle?

Ted