'93 Voyager rear hubs, pressed into drums?

Quick question. Are the rear drums and hubs pressed together, or are they slip-fit pieces like the front rotors on the front hubs? I ask because the new drums didn't come with the hubs and I don't have tools to press them apart and back together in the garage.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

If I remember correctly you can get after maket drums, they come without the hubs, Chrysler sells the complete drum and hub together

Reply to
maxpower

Well I already have the drums without hubs. I'm just wondering if I need to actually press the hubs out of the old drums or if I can expect them to slip apart with a good hammer and decent penetrating oil. Any idea?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

You'll need to knock all ten studs out, switch the hubs to the new drums and then press in ten NEW studs. The studs may also need to be swaged, this will be more apparent once the studs are back in place if there is a significant amount of the stud shoulder sticking past the drum.

Sounds like you'll be better off returning the aftermarket drums and going OEM.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Considering how much OEM parts would cost I think I'll try to find a pair of decent hubs/drums at the yard, press the drums off at work, and use the aftermarket drums. That'd be more fun than taking the easy way out too. lol

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Just do as aarcuda says, that is how they are assembled

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

Please paint a big fluorescent red X on the front, sides and rear of the vehicles that you do this to.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

If you have excess to a press, it shouldn't be a big deal then...

But I don't understand why you're procuring the second set of hubs from the boneyard.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Well if I find a second set of hubs I can prepare the assemblies ahead of time and install them immediately after removing the old ones, rather than leaving the van sitting in the driveway on jackstands while I dart into work to piss around with the old drums. Of course I have Friday off so I may have time to do exactly that.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Reply to
mic canic