94 Caravan - 3L/A604(41TE) - Shifts funny/weird behavior

I have a 94 Caravan w/ the 3.0L V6, and the A604/41TE tranny.It has

94k miles on the van. I recently replaced my TCM with one that has the latest flash in it. (I picked it up from a friend of mine who runs a local tranny shop.) I replaced my original TCM with this one, and had a quick relearn and the pinion factor set for my van. Everything was fine.

A few weeks later, the tranny decides that it doesn't want to go into

4th(OD) under 50MPH, where it would before. When it starts to act like this, it seems like it is in "3" and delays shifts.

Under advice from the tranny guy, I replaced the TCM with the original. Relearned and I am on the way. A few weeks later, it does it again. Same issue. However, something new has popped up. The tranny seems to want to have a hair trigger in the kickdown. You can be going along at 30MPH, and barely touch the throttle, and it would downshift.

I bought myself a Snap On MT2500 scantool (been wanting one anyway.. early birthday present). I pulled the CVI's...

LR - 53 OD - 79

24 - 36 UD - 41

No codes are present. No codes show up while driving. I recently replaced the TPS as the old one was kinda flakey.

The tranny has good ATF+3 in it. The engine RPM vs. turbine RPM is not far off.. maybe a +/- 50RPM difference.

I read another post about a problem with a A604 that was going into limp mode, and it was linked to the zener diode in the a/c harness causing the problem. I am going to replace that here in the next day or so just as cheap insurance.

Any help appreciated......

Reply to
Homer Simpson

Sounds like you should check your solenoid pack, and your wiring harness.

I hate >I have a 94 Caravan w/ the 3.0L V6, and the A604/41TE tranny.It has

Reply to
NewMan