94 Concorde driver seatback brackets breaking

I noticed that the back of my power seat on the drivers side seemed loose on one side so I pulled the seat out today for a closer look. One of the brackets that holds the seat back together has broken completely and the other side has a 1/4 crack already. It appears to be a piece of stamped steel that makes up this bracket.

It seems like this could be a very dangerous situation and I was wondering if any of you had heard of recalls for this problem in a 1994 Concorde.

I did find a TSB #883 on Alldata.com but can't find any details about it. It's listed as a "Recall - Defective Power Seat Adjuster". I also noted that several people have complained to the NTHSB about this problem. Chrysler has not notified me of any recalls related to this.

One solution would be to have the brackets welded but I thought I'd turn to this resource first as I usually do. I've had very good success with this newsgroup in the past and hope you can give me some help again.

Thanks,

Dave snipped-for-privacy@mn.rr.com

Reply to
Dave A

Instead of being a recall it was a make customer happy letter. I had the fix done on my 94 LHS and I would assume it would apply to the Concorde. You should have gotten a letter. I would call their 800# and ask about it. They also fixed the tracks for the power seat if needed.

Concorde.

about it.

Reply to
Art Begun

Reply to
Mr. Elbe

Success!

I went to my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer on Monday and they repaired the seat at no charge. Thanks for your help in keeping my old card running a little longer.

Dave

Reply to
Dave A

Friendly letter sent to all 1998-2002 Concorde owners but I bet if you ask them nicely to fix a known safety problem with these cars they might help without charging you....the worst they could say is no we have to charge you. Questions call 1-800-853-1403 Customer Service number given.

Reply to
K.L. Richardson

the power seat adjuster is a general recall. they dealer does them only if you go in and ask. the issue with it didnt effect safety they say.........

heres the safety recalls: Safety Recalls SB Number Issue Date TSB Title

837 FEB 00 Recall - Lower Control Arm Reinforcement 790 JAN 99 Recall - Fuel Rail O-Rings & Reinforcements 712 APR 97 Recall - Passenger Air Bag Safety 611 MAR 94 Recall - Transmission Wiring Harness

heres the general recall: General Recalls TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title

883 JUL 00 Recall - Defective Power Seat Adjuster

heres the TSB you need Service Bulletins TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title

23-046-00 DEC 00 Front Seat Cushion Pan - Cracked/Welds Broken

take this number to your dealer. this does not mean its going to be free. it just tells them how to fix it and what to use in replacement parts.

find them all here............

robs440