94 Concorde Power Antenna

My sister has a 94 Concorde with power antenna that will not move up or down. Her husband bought a new antenna however can't figure out how to install it. Anyone with advice, TIA.

Reply to
Jan

If its a Mopar part, it is very simple to do, should only take 5 min......I wouldnt think an after market part would be any harder.

Reply to
maxpower

This assumes there is not much of the broken tail stuck in the motor and you can replace it from the top without removing and opening it up.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I assumed that if the antenna didnt go up or down they were replacing the motor assembly? Not the antenna mask kit. If the motor is bad it wouldnt pull the new part either,

Reply to
maxpower

I assumed it was just the mast as from my experience the motor usually works fine and the nylon toothed rack is what breaks from years of use. In looking back, the OP was not clear. Either way it isn't too bad a job. Sometimes you get lucky and don't need to remove the motor. That was what I thought you were referencing as the "5 minute" job.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman