94 Dodge Caravan

I have had this van for some years now. I have always had problems with it eating through tires, yes I have had and alignment, It is hard to shift to reverse while on a hill, the transmission is very sluggish while driving up a hill and shudders and shakes. Recently it is rough running and wants to die . I have to drive using the gas and brake at the same time to keep it running. At times it will still die.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Angels

Check the store fault codes in the computer (method can be found in other posts.) It sounds like a possible problem from something simple like a vacuum leak, or perhaps an issue with the Idle Air Control Motor. You'd need to see what the computer tells you to diagnose any further. Without that info, it's only guesses.

Reply to
FeMaster

What engine?

Reply to