94 dodge caravan timing marks

Hi everyone, hope someone can help. I'm trying to get the timing marks right on my

94 caravan. I've positioned both cams and crank pulleys to their respective marks. Fitting the timing belt I have found that the front mark on the cam pulley(distributor) is out by half a tooth. I've rotated the crank twice in an attempt to realign everything but no luck. I've taken off the belt and adjusted but can only make the pulley line up 1/2 a tooth before or 1/2 a tooth after the mark. No damage to any of the keyways Tahanks, Ian
Reply to
ian marsh

You need to let us know what engine you are working on, The 4 cylinder has only one cam and an intermediate shaft (distributor drive). The 6 cyl has 2 camshafts but no Intermediate shaft (Distributor drive)

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower