94 Duster V-6 intermittent eng. shut-off

My mom drives my 1994 Plymouth Duster (Shadow) with the Mitsu v-6 motor. Once in a while the engine just cuts off while driving, but the shop could find no engine codes in the computer and neither did I. Can anyone suggest some good places to start to look? And maybe things to eliminate that it couldn't possibly be, like certain sensors that would always log a computer code if something went wrong with it? Every time it happens, the engine starts right up immediately with no problem. Thanks! Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

More then likely the throttle body is dirty and causing the problem. With the engine off remove the air intake hose at the throttle body and get some good throttle body cleaner to clean out the inside and top and bottom of the blade.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to