'94 Grand Carav. Speedo Not working ?

1994 3.3 L. Automatic 3/4 speed w/OD, electronic. Newly installed rebuilt tranny. The speedometer is not operating. I fear operating without the speed sensor, as I think maybe could cause damage? Which sensor detects speed? Is it adjustable (air gap type) ?

Any advise is welcome. Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr

have your speed sensor replaced on the tranny.

THANK YOU EARL

Reply to
Guess Who I Am

Yep replace the speed sensor and doublecheck your cables as well as the connection to the speedometer. Any of them could be loose or even broken

Reply to
The Minivan DJ

Thanks for resonse. Is the speed sensor the one located close to the in/out trans. fluid barbs , toward the front of the trans. and just above the selenoid box ?

Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr