94 Intrepid 3.5L - NAPA Echlin O2 sensor superceded by Bosch

Based on postings in this newsgroup, I tried to get NAPA Echlin O2 sensors. Their computer showed that the Echlin part had been superceded by a Bosch part. Do you think the Bosch part is OK? Should I go to a Chrysler dealer for it instead? Any other manufacturers OK?

Reply to
Old Car

No, the Bosch part is not OK, unless you want to do the job again (and again, and again) in short order. You can still get Echlin O2 sensors from NAPA, you just have to specifically ask for them. The application info is in the NAPA Echlin application book, which means the counterman may have to get up off his tush, away from the computer, and actually open the book. Or you can save him the hassle and tell him to order you an Echlin OS308.

Chrysler dealer will sell you a good one at a high price. It will probably be an NTK, which you can buy less expensively (P/N 23023) from

or another source. Other good brands are Standard-BlueStreak, AC and Denso.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thanks.

Are the NTK spark plugs (7252) OK?

Reply to
Old Car

NGK (spark plugs) and NTK (O2 sensors), same company. I like NGK plugs.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Daniel - I've taken to heart your comments in the past about Bosch O2 sensors not doing well in Chrysler products in general. However, I'm pretty sure I've seen posts on LH forums (from people that should know) that the LH cars came from the factory with Bosch O2 sensors (and they don't seem to be a problem until close to 100k miles (judging from the same forums) - in fact my Concorde still has the original sensors and runs fime and gets good gas mileage. How can that be?

Bill Putney

Bosch OEM O2 sensors are not the same as the aftermarket ones.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Bill you are correct, they have been using Bosch 02 sensors for awhile now, I dont think Chrysler makes there 02 sensors.

Reply to
maxpower

But the "OEM" Bosch part is apperently not at all the same as the aftermarket branded Bosch part. Bosch's operations for OEM and aftermarket apparently don't have very much to do with each other.

Reply to
Steve