'94 LHS Dash Light Fuse

I was driving home in my '94 LHS this afternoon when I noticed the speedometer was not working. I looked around and none of the gauges were working. The trip computer was also dead. The radio was working. When I got home, I found that a 5 amp fuse had blown. I replaced it, only to have it blow again 2 secs after the car started.

Any ideas?

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I just replaced the battery two days ago.

Thanks, -Ron '94 LHS, still kickin' at 150K

Reply to
Ron

Sounds like a short in the dash ckt. The simpliest thing to check would be that a bulb for the dash has shorted internally and is causing the short. Also more likely would be a wiring issue with the power somewhere there. You could try disconnecting things one at a time and just measure with an ohm meter to ground as you do and when the resistance increases you would have found your shorted item.

Steve m... (94 LHS too.. 103k)

Reply to
Steve m...