94' New Yorker Problems (O2 sensor?)

Hey all, I just had a quick question. I've got a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker and it was it quite good shape (except for the A/C, but hey, whatever) - suddenly it cranks forever when its a cold start, my gas mileage went down a notch, and it smells like its running pretty rich (since with the windows open there is a noticeable gasoline smell). When its warm it starts right up like normal...

So I was thinking... I'm assuming the O2 sensor is hosed because its no able to regulate the fuel air mixture properly?

Anyone have any similar experiences? Also, I was told that this particular model has 3 O2 sensors - how can I test and see which one I should replace?

Thanks in advance, Ry

Reply to
Ryrobes

O2 sensors have no bearing on start up. Which engine do you have? I suspect you have a leaking fuel system (smell) that depletes the fuel line when sitting for a while, causing long crank/hard start. There is a TSB regarding leaking fuel supply line fittings and injector O rings on the

3.5L. Locate your fuel smell and you will find your problem.
Reply to
Road Runner

Yup, Its the 3.5L V6 - so you think that the leak is more probable toward the injectors? I'll check where the leak is and try and locate the TSB too. Thanks a lot. Jeez, now I'm slightly more concerned than if it was just an O2 sensor problem...

Reply to
Ryrobes

.

Actually I looked it up and the TSB you were referring to looks like a full recall. Is there a "statute of limitations" on these? It says that it was issued in 1999... Is Chrysler still obligated to fix this if its the exact problem mentioned in the bulletin (which I'm suspecting it is).

Thanks again - I feel really freaking lucky that you stumbled upon this post tonight. :)

Reply to
Ryrobes

Reply to
man of machines