94 Voyager problem

So today im driving home, and all of a sudden the needle on my speedo does not move, stays fixed at 65 mph.. but the car starts to slow, hitting the gas does no differance so i turn off, turn the car off and nothing... the starter starts, and makes the sound that it should make (the uhuhuhuhuhhuhuhu), but the engine turns does not turn over

The car is a 94 plymouth voyager, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
The Gaylord 2006

NewMan

Judging from the description, maybe it's time to take the bus.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

I tried doing the ignition trick, but it does not do it.

Also my father in law had a look at it, and said that its not sparking... any ideas on how to proceed from here?

Thanks

Reply to
The Gaylord 2006

It did not display codes??? Even if there is no codes stored, you should get 12 - start of codes, and 55 end of codes.

It could be your computer then. Better get it towed to a sh>

Reply to
NewMan

No spark/no codes? Dead/disconnected computer. These are pretty hardy boxes. Look for a loose/unplugged connector.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Nope there is no codes at all, i do the turnkey test, which works in the other two mini vans and nothing.... it beeps twice at me, thats it the check engine light does not come on.

Where abouts is the computer located in this car, its a 94 plymouth voyager.

thanks

Jay

Reply to
The Gaylord 2006