94 Voyager service manual, which?

I see I can find some around on ebay, but as I see some are chrysler and some are heynes I ask you which is better? I need the electric schema and possibly help for periodic maintenance and rapairing guides. I also need it in english (or italian) and complete. Can you help me how to identify the correct one please?

Reply to
mikedepetris

You want the genuine Chrysler Factory Service Manual. It need not necessarily be for the exact year as they usually are for a range of years when the vehicle drive train and body style was the same.

There is no comparison to Chilton's, Haynes, etc. For that year, you most likely can find the FSM for about $20 plus shipping.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

BS> You want the genuine Chrysler Factory Service Manual. It need not BS> necessarily be for the exact year as they usually are for a range of BS> years when the vehicle drive train and body style was the same.

BS> There is no comparison to Chilton's, Haynes, etc. For that year, you BS> most likely can find the FSM for about $20 plus shipping.

perfect thank you, as I can't find it here but in UK/USA only, I want to be sure before investing in an international money transfer.

:-)

Reply to
Mike De Petris

Not my experience so far. The actual shop manual is about $60 and on a CD it's running close to $90 and that does not include shipping. I have seen one, and I mean ONE, used manual for sale on eBay for maybe half that price used.

I can see your point about getting one in the same range but I would prefer to get one for 1994 since there might some some subtle but important differences between a 1993 and a 1994 Voyager.

If you know of any Factory Shop Manual for $20 for the 1994 Voyager, or even for the 1993 or 1995 for $20, I'm all ears because I have never seen one sold that cheaply and I have been looking off and on for the past year or so. And I mean the full shop manual. There are smaller books which are also shop manuals for specific systems and sub-sytems which may do the job for this poster and are around $20.

Reply to
Treeline

It took about 15 seconds to find this one.

SN

Read more closely what I posted. I used the word, "sold" - did I not? When this item is sold in 6 days, it will not be sold for $20. And that was the point of my post, in reply to another poster. Most likely, it will go for about twice the $20 or around $40 to $45.

Reply to
Treeline

I bought a 1995 FSM for a New Yorker, LHS, Concorde, Intrepid, and Vision for $25 that included shipping. I own a 1996, but most stuff is exactly the same. Your mileage may vary since an auction SALE price always depends on supply and demand. My purchase was a few years back, so I assumed demand would be less now for the older vehicle referenced in the OP.

My post wasn't so much to accurately predict his final purchase price as to steer him to a way to acquire this in the aftermarket for much less than the original retail price. If the poster is patient and monitors EBay, he should be able to find a bargain.

Bob

message

Bob Shuman

You make a good point. But for some reason the FSM for a Voyager minivan appears to be increasing, not decreasing. It's right past the 10 year limit, official or unofficial so it's a little more difficult to get these manuals. Right at the 10 year limit, and I monitored this, within a few weeks, the dealer could not be bothered to order it anymore. I kid you not. Interesting. Same thing with my rear windshield wiper. After the 10 years, they are not obligated. I was told this is the law. Someone else said it is not the law. But by practice, it seems to a "law." I can get the manual without the dealer so it's not a biggie. And I can replace only the rubber in the windshield wiper so that's not a biggie. But it's not heart-warming either.

On eBay Motors, the price of the new FSM is actually MORE than what the dealer charged for a new one. On an old one, I usually see them about once a month or so. And you're right right that if I monitor it every day, I can find a bargain. The problem is monitoring every single day. And I have not seen one sold for $20 in the last year, as I have said. I can search past eBay auction to verify that my observation is 100% true. The last one I monitored, last month, sold for around $45.

Treeline

Sounds like the "bargain" price for that specific make and model year is $45. Still less than trying to get from the dealer. If you expand the search to include similar model years, it may or may not get a lower final sale price. Thanks for your input that from your experience these manuals increase in value after 10 years.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman