94 voyager stalls on turn

Hi to all:

I have a 1994 3.0L Plymouth Grand Voyager that will stall intermittently when turning in cold weather.

I've seen a few posts regarding cleaning the throttle plate. If this could be the case, what needs to be done to get to the throttle plate? Should it be cleaned with a solvent? For someone that can change oil, brakes plugs, and general maintenance, is this a job that can be done with relative ease?

Thanks for the help,

Art

Reply to
Art Burke

Cleaning the TB is a good idea, even if it's not your problem. It doesn't sound right for a dirty TB to cause a problem only when cold, only in a turn and only intermittently. But FYI it is an easy DIY job. A couple of hose clamps removes the intake hose from the air cleaner to the TB. Remove connectors from TPS and IAC. The throttle cable and transaxle linkage remove quickly from the TB. 2 nuts to take off of the mount studs and it's in your hands. Buy a spray can of Throttle Body cleaner (not carb cleaner).

Reply to
Mike Martin

Thank you Mike!

Art

Reply to
Art Burke

Also there is a gasket between the TB and the manifold. If often is brittle, and stuck to both surfaces. It will often break when you pull the TB if it's been on there for a long time.

Reply to
Mike Martin