95 Caravan 3.0L Temp question

95 Caravan / 3.0L

Temp recently started creeping up every now and then. Will be sitting at Normal (just before mid-point) and then slowly creep to about half way between mid-point and Hot. Within a minute or less will drop back to normal. Have noticed that I can usually expedite this return to normal by a little goose on the accelerator. My guess is the thermostat is intermittently sticking. Does this sound logical?

By the way, coolant level is normal and have not done any recent work in that area.

TIA

Reply to
PC Medic

Thermostat could be broken and stopping the flow, see if you have a fault code 17 in the computers memory. Common problem for these stats.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

No fault codes. That is why I was thinking stat and not sensor (though I am just guessing here). By the way, sorry about the direct reply before, meant to respond in group.

Reply to
PC Medic

Given the ease of replacement, for $10. I'd put a new thermostat in to start with.

Reply to
Mike C1

intermittently

Reply to
maxpower

Yes, plan on doing this come the weekend. Was inquiring more as a "what if this doesn't correct it" type of scenario.

Thanks for both your responses.

PC Medic

Reply to
PC Medic