95 Caravan 3.3 Rough idle

I have been told that a carbon build up causes my car to miss once in awhile at idle speed? Wires/plugs good, car runs great when moving.

Any ideas?

Thx

Reply to
ingenium

Any ideas?

Thx

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Your oxygen sensor may be bad. Unless you are in California, your check engine light will not come on if the O sensor is bad. This causes the mixture to run rich and causes rough idle, poor gas mileage and carbon build.

You can check the fault codes stored in the engine controller usingthe check engine light to see if the O sensor is bad ( or any other sensor or actuator). Fault code for O sensor is "51" on my 92 plymouth and probally is the same for your 95 chrysler.

Any ideas?

Thx

Reply to
Peter

=_NextPart_000_001D_01C49E25.8C97E580

Reply to
Cloaked

You use musical instruments for exclamations? 8^)

Bill Putney

No, Bill, he replaced both the O2 sensor and the under-hood viola, and things were all better again! (Must have had the 'symphony' option.)

:-)

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff