95 Caravan Transmission R & R

Anyone have any experience removing a 1995 Caravan transmision? How many hours does it take?

Mike

Reply to
mike

Yes, see here:

16 hours to get it out.

about 22 hours to put it back.

This includes all the time for testing, flushing the cooler, etc. And this includes the time spent on the all wheel drive stuff which adds a lot.

I think now that I've done one I could probably pull a non-AWD transmission in

8 hours, and put it back in maybe 12 hours.

When I did mine though I spent far, far, far more time on subsidiary stuff like fetching parts, etc.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Ted,

Thanks for that reply. This past week-end I pulled a 1991 Ford Explorer transmission. It took me about 16 hrs. I went real slow making sure I did it properly and had to get some deep well sockets and oil fitting wrenches a couple times.

Mike

Reply to
mike