95 Chrysler Concorde heater

The heater in my 95 Chrysler, Concorde, does not blow hot. The engine temperature gauge is in the normal range but I changed the engine thermostat anyway with no effect on the cabin heater. I turn the heater control up to

85 but the heater vents only put out lukewarm air. There seems to be a good volume of air coming out but the air is not hot.

The water/coolant in the radiator is full.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Reply to
jake

If you grasp the heater hoses in the engine compartment going to and from your heater do they feel as though hot water is being circulated by the engine?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I did grasp the heater hoses that go to and from the heater. They did not seem as hot as they should have been as they were easy to hold. I also held the engine discharge hose to the radiator and it also was not very hot either. The engine thermostat housing, however, was very hot and I could not hold my hand on it very long.

The cooling system does not seem to have any buildup of deposits that might clog the circulation. If there were a buildup wouldn't the engine run hot?

I never paid much attention, but, where is the water pump for this engine?

Jake

Reply to
jake

Well, you didn't say what size engine is in there, although I don't know if the Concorde uses different engines. You could have a big air bubble in the cooling system. But clearly if your asking where the water pump is, your trying to troubleshoot without benefit of a manual. This is stupid. Stop immediately. Even a next-to-worthless birdcage-liner manual is better than nothing. There may be a special bleed procedure for coolant change for your car.

Please get a manual of some kind, even a birdcage-liner manual. Ebay has these pretty cheap, here's 2 of them:

?ViewItem&category=6762&item=2450422139 Ebay even has the real factory manual from time to time, keep an eye out for it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt