'95 Cirrus false starts.........

My friend has a Cirrus that takes two turns of the ign switch to turn it over. He will try to start it in a normal manner..............no start............turn key off again and it will restart the second time. This has happened since he bought it. The first owner just learned to live with it......any ideas???? It does'nt sound like a mechanical (switch contacts) to me........ .maybe a time delay relay or anti restart relay???????did a lot of searching but nothing turned up on this problem...... Thanx in advance

Stuuder

Reply to
Stuuder

Always exactly two turns each and every time? OR two turns on some occasions, one sometimes, three every now and again? Based on the year, I'd bet it's the starter solenoid contacts are shot and need to be replaced, but if it is exactly two tries each and every time, then I'd look at the ignition switch first.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman