95 LeBaron Conv Top

Like new 95 Convertible. Absolute minimal usage 20,000 miles. Top cycles even less than driven. Have a Hydraulic fluid leak under rear seat passenger side. Cannot tell if the line is dry rotted (lack of use) or if the motor (or pump) is bad. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot. Cannot find any drawings or info on the net and Chrysler Corp is less than helpful. Any suggestions in this area would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Al

Reply to
Allan9

Al, that is something you have to determine for yourself, pull the back seat cushion and back rest to access the pump, there you will see if it is the pump leaking or hoses. Take a flash light and look down the quarter glass window channel to see if the pistons are leaking or pull off the interior quarter seat panels to access the pistons on each side for inspection. My bet would be one or both pistons are leaking. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

[...]

My wife doesn't use hers either, actually she sticks me with the convertible and takes my Durango all the time

Reply to
maxpower

"Allan9" wrote in message news:HpwFe.34209$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... Like new 95 Convertible. Absolute minimal usage 20,000 miles. Top cycles even less than driven. Have a Hydraulic fluid leak under rear seat passenger side. Cannot tell if the line is dry rotted (lack of use) or if the motor (or pump) is bad. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot. Cannot find any drawings or info on the net and Chrysler Corp is less than helpful. Any suggestions in this area would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Al