'95 Lebaron headlights do not work

My wife recently had to have her car jumpstarted. When she brought it home, the headlights, the intermittent wipers, and the interior lights did not work. The engine ran fine, but the voltage gauge only showed 8 volts. The 2- 60 amp fuses in the fuse block for the alternator had blown, so I replaced those. That solved the charging issue. Today I replaced the body control module that's behind the passenger kick panel. Now the wipers and interior lights work fine. Now it's just a matter of pinpointing what is wrong with the headlights.

The headlights work if you pull the dimmer switch back (like when you want to quickly flash your lights), but they do not come on with the headlight switch, and neither do the tail lights nor do the dash lights. I know that there must be a module that controls the headlights, since they have the 90 second delay when you turn off the engine, but I assumed that the body control module did that function. Is there another module somewhere in the car that controls the headlights? Any other advice? I'm not an expert on the electrical system on this thing, so I am a little stumped. I have checked all of the fuses in both fuse blocks, so that's not the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Joe Hoyle

deadbeat

"deadbeat" wrote in news:L8m2c.9071$506.6459@fed1read05:

Sounds like it was designed by the same people who did the consoles for the ships in "Star Trek". ;)

Reply to
GAlan

I know it has been YEARS. But, may I know what you found the issue to be? My 16 bought his first car and it is a '94 lebaton GTC convertible. And it is having the same issues with tail lights and dash lights

Reply to
Ronda

I can't speak for your car in specific, but it sounds like a grounding issue. Perhaps a missing or corroded ground.

I've seen similar issues in other cars, mainly with the dash lights, caused by a faulty rheostat dimmer switch. My mind is leaning toward a wiring or ground issue.

Reply to
Michael Trew