95 neon cv boots

Have to replace cv boots on 95 neon. I replace the cv boots a number of years ago on a dodge 600 so I think it will be the same but, can remember all the details .

-removal axle nut

-can I get the axil out of the hub without undoing steering and shock?

-pull axle out of transmission.

-C clip to hold outer cv joint in place.

-twist cv joint to remove balls and race

-inner cv there is a metal ring that must be bent to remove joint? (I think).

-check for wear

-replace boots and re-install Thanks for your help Len

Reply to
Penny Rominger

I've done a few cars and I never had to undo the shock/strut. I always had to pull the tie rod end and the ball joint. Then the hub can move enough to give you the necessary clearance to get the axle out.

Some have spring loaded clips. You just need to hammer the joint past the clip.

You forgot to thoroughly clean the joint and use CV joint grease, should come with the new boot.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez