95 New Yorker

Fan stopped working and my car started overheating.

I replaced the temperature switch but the fan remains off. I disconnected the temperature switch to keep the fan running continuously.

Anyone know how to make the fan regulate correctly?

thanks

kathy

Reply to
Nice Long Legs

please help

Reply to
Nice Long Legs

please help

Reply to
Nice Long Legs

are you talking about the rad fan? and did you say that you disconnected the switch to keep the rad fan on all the time? was the fan running all the time when you disconnect the switch? if it is then you have a problem with the wiring possible broken wire from the switch going to your pcm(powertrain control module)need more info regarding the problem

Reply to
tdodge

Thank you very much "tdodge" for your response,

the car is a 95 Chrysler NewYorker with about 107k miles. I bought it used 3/03 for $5500, from it's original Pennsylvania owner. I live in NYC where driving conditions are generally lousy. The car has some problems but mostly it looks good inside and out and was running very strong until this overheating problem occurred.

I noticed the rad fan was not turning on and causing the engine to overheat. I changed the "temperature switch" which regulates the rad fan but the fan still (did not) click on. I'm driving the car with the temperature switch disconnected to keep the rad fan "constantly" running.

Now the car does not start up properly and it performs sluggishly.

You mentioned that the problem might be electrical and concerns the "pcm". Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

ty tdodge for your help,

and anyone else who might add anything.

tlo

Reply to
T Lo

my car is like doo doo...

please help!

electrical...damn it!

Reply to
T Lo

hi its me again, tdodge. so if you disconnect the switch and the fan keep on running then your switch circuit or wiring from the switch to the main computer(pcm) to the relay and to the fan is all good because the computer is able to process the signal when disconnecting the switch. question, do you have good amount of heat coming from the vent when heater is on? if not cooling system may have air lock and requires bleeding to release the air trapped in the system. also did you try replacing your thermostat? i would try replacing the thermostat first before anything else.definetely no problem with cooling fan system

Reply to
tdodge