95 t & C a few ??

new to this group. have a few questions, sorry I'm normally a ford guy, but here goes.

94 Chrysler town and country, no heat. did the following. new thermostat and upper hose, new rad cap new water pump, new heater control valve, flushed and back flushed system. bled system at manifold check flow of water through heater core, yes its flowing both hose get warm. adjusted cable at dash as per TSB. Other symptoms, reduced air flow from vents when temp selector is on heat side, I'm assuming a blend door or its equivalent is not operating. The only procedure I've found is rather complicated and involves disassembling the whole dash to get to the vacuum motor and door gears. Is there a short cut or common problem that will not require 8-10 hours labor to disassemble and reassemble the dash?

thanks in advance

Reply to
walt peifer

2 causes..... If the heater hose is hot going in and cool to warm coming out the heater core is plugged and will need replacing. The other issue would be the blend air door is stuck/rusted and the cable is sliding into the hold down clamp making it seem like the door is moving but it isn't. Can you here the door hitting the stops when you go full open to full close?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Heater hose both get warm and have good flow ( I put a "t" in to monitor) no I don't hear the door slam open. the slider from cold(left) to Hot(right) does move and have some effect on air flow. Air flow is reduced on the Heat side, could the door be partialing opening? Whats the easiest way to fix, manual recommends disassembly of entire dash to fix/check. gotta be a short cut somewhere I hope

Reply to
walt peifer

First you have to decide if the cable is sliding on the clamp or is the door actually moving. take a look see where the cable goes into the top of the box and see if it is actually moving the door or not. You are gonna have to remove the control assembly for this but leave the cable connected

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower