95 Wrangler 4 wheel drive/lack of 4 wheel drive problem

Ok so I made the mistake of romping around in the middle of the desert, at night, in an area I was unfamiliar with, and I did some damage to my 95 YJ. In short, I had to replace the front driver's side leaf spring, which, in it's bending, pushed the front drive shaft back into the transfer case, breaking the case in half. So I replaced the transfer case too, and chose to go with a used one with a slip yoke eliminator. I had a new rear drive shaft built that is compatible with the new transfer case.

After hooking everything back up, and adding fluid to the transfer case, my 4 wheel drive shifter will not lock into place. Also, when I'm in 2 wheel drive the 4 wheel light comes on, but I don't think 4 wheel is actually engaged. When I shift to 4 high or 4 low, the jeep acts like it's in neutral and won't move, and the 4 wheel light goes out.

Does anyone know what might be wrong with my YJ?

Reply to
a316co2000