96 Gd. caravan - code for shift solenoid

Hello,

My 96 Gd Caravan (3.3L, 4spd.) is now at the transmission shop. They are saying that there is a code for a shift solenoid that they are getting. The answer man in the shop wont be back until Monday though. Does anybody know if this may be a small or large job to do? Thanks for any input.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

If it is the Solenoid pack that is the problem, then this is a comparatively inexpensive and straightforward job to do.

I had my solenoid pack done on my 94 GC (3.3l, 4 speed) last december. At the same time, they changed the fuild and filter - refilling with ATF +4.

The total cost for the job was $342 CDN$ INCLUDING TAX. :)

My shop delivered excellent service at a rock bottom price for this area, and used the proper materials. Most local shops try to push Dexron III + Lube Guard on you - DON'T LET THEM DO IT! My transmission has NEVER shifted so quiet and so smooth! It performs like spanking new.

My shop had my van for 2 - 3 days as they wanted to make good and sure that there was no electrical problems.

It is a true joy to find an honest shop who is busy as hell based soley on word-of-mouth referrals! They have an entire wall of "thank you" letters from satisfied customers. And another wall showing the training and qualififcation certificates of their mechanics!

Fast service, quality work, reasonable prices, qualified mechanics...

What a pleasure to do bus>Hello,

Reply to
NewMan