96 Grand Caravan Steering problem

Hey all,

Thanks for all the info I have googled here over the years. This is my first post and I apologize ahead of time for making it a question. I have owned this 96 Grand Caravan 3.3L for 5 years now and have done much of the work on it myself. Recently, the steering became difficult when turning slowly or when braking to slow and turn. I supposed the power steering pump was going bad so I replaced it. Still doing exactly the same thing. When the car is up on jack stands and I turn the wheel back and forth it turns fine. Only seems to have a problem when under a load. Could this be the steering gear or the rack and pinion assembly? Any other suggestions as to what to try.

TIA,

Scott

Reply to
RevBigGuy